George Thomas are working in close partnership with a global leading company in Edible Oils & Fats.
We are currently recruiting for a Environmental Coordinator to be responsible for all Environmental and Energy matters at a manufacturing facility based in The Netherlands.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- You manage for all environmental and energy matters, concerning the refinery. You keep an overview to control and reduce environmental effects, risks, costs and energy consumption.
- You handle an effective and efficient management system for environment & compliance involving legislation and regulations.
- You initiate, prepare and process permit applications, environmental reports and management assessments.
- You supervise the refinery’s performance. You also report the results. Where necessary, you initiate preventive actions and guarantee corrective measures.
- You build and maintain constructive relationships with external parties, including local administrations (city, local communities), environmental, and environmental services.
- You organise and facilitate internal trainings and courses with regard to environmental matters.
- You work closely with colleagues from other departments such as Operations, Maintenance, and Quality.
- You report and advise to the Plant Manager.
To be considered for the role you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a strong drive to master this position as quickly as possible.
- Completed your HBO or Academic education, direction of Chemical Technology or Environmental Science.
- Have relevant knowledge of management systems ISO 14001 and GMP +, which is a preference.
- Are well experienced in the Dutch and English language.
- Are engaging, independent, tenacious, analytical, systematic, stress resistant, and decisive.
Job Reference: SP20ECEEO